Valentine’s Day is a great way to show our family members how much we care and appreciate them; and what better way to do that than spending some quality time with those we love? If you need some ideas on what is available, look no further! Long Island Mamas has you covered with a list of events that are taking place on Long Island throughout the month to celebrate the holiday of LOVE!
- On February 7th from 1 pm to 2pm, children ages 6 and up can learn to decorate Valentine cookies from a pastry chef at Guild Hall in East Hampton. Space is limited. For more information and to register, go to: http://ow.ly/Irre8
- There is a Chocolate Making Workshop from 10 am to 12:30 pm on February 7th at Suffolk County Farm and Education Center in Yaphank, for those ages 5 and up.
- Why not try “Tying the Knot” at the Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery? From 1 pm to 4 pm on February 14th, with the price of admission, each participant can learn how to make special knots that sailors use.
- Pump it Up in Plainview is having a special Valentine’s Day Jump on February 14th from 4 pm to 6 pm. For 2 hours children can have fun jumping, sliding, and bouncing, along with meeting characters that will be making special appearances. For more information, including pricing, and to reserve a spot, make sure to check out their website.
- Children can enjoy making a free Valentine’s Day Craft with paid admission from 12 pm to 2 pm at Safari Adventure in Riverhead on February 14th.
- On February 14th and 15th the Maritime Explorium in Port Jefferson you can create a nautical message in a bottle valentine. The craft is included with your purchase of admission.
- During the month of February, head on over to the Long Island Children’s Museum in Garden City on certain days to make your own blooming flower with heart shaped petals! The craft is included with your purchase of admission. Check their website for dates and times.
- Lastly, your local library is a great place to spend some quality time with your little ones. Check to see what special events are taking place to help celebrate Valentine’s Day.
If you know of other local events taking place around the island, be sure to share them with us with us!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
By: Janet Brandsema
Photo Credit: flickr