Be it from a school party, grandma and grandpa , or even your babysitter, let’s be honest, there will be no shortage of candy for the kids this Valentine’s day. So instead of adding to their “sugar rush”, why not add to your home library. Take a look at some of our favorite reads, and this Valentine’s Day, say I LOVE YOU with words!
- Amelia Bedelia’s First Valentine By Herman Parish, Illustrator Lynne Avril
- Arthur’s Valentine By Marc Brown
- Be Mine, By: Sabrina James (For Ages 12+)
- Chocolate Shoes with Licorice Laces By local, Long Island mom Stephanie Sorkin
- Dinosaur Kisses, Written and illustrated by David Ezra Stein
- Everything Written and illustrated by Emma Dodd
- Guess How Much I Love You, By Sam McBratney, illustrated by Anita Jeram
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! By Laura Numeroff, Illustrator Felicia Bond
- How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? By Jane Yolen, Illustrator Mark Teague
- I Love You, Stinky Face By Lisa McCourt, Illustrator Cyd Moore
- Just Right for Two By Tracey Corderoy, illustrated by Rosalind Beardshaw
- Love & Kisses By Sarah Wilson, illustrated by Melissa Sweet
- Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is Cool By James & Kimberly Dean
- Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink, Written and illustrated by Diane deGroat
- The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever By Brenda Ferber, Illustrator Tedd Arnold
- When You Were Born Written and illustrated by Emma Dodd
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
*A special thanks to Candlewick Press for sharing some of their favorite Valentine’s Day books with the Long Island Mamas!