Whether or not your child likes to read, reading can be lots of fun when paired with an activity! If you’re reading a St. Patrick’s Day themed book with your child, you can have a “leprechaun hunt” around the house, or create your own rainbow! After reading If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, it would be fun to bake cookies together! (For more suggestions on reading with your children, click here.)
Barnes and Noble locations all over Long Island have story time with activities during the month. Many times they also have special story time events.
Below are some special upcoming events worth checking out with your kids!
Monday March 2nd, 7pm: Come join the fun for Dr. Seuss’ birthday! There will be story time with activities!
Participating Barnes and Noble Locations:
- Carle Place, 91 Old Country Road, Carle Place, NY 11514 — (516)741-9850
- Gardiner Manor Mall, 842 Sunrise Highway, Bay Shore, NY 11706 — (631)206-0198
- Manhasset, 1542 Northern Blvd, Manhasset, NY 11030 — (516)365-6723
- Smith Haven Mall, 600 Smith Haven Mall, Lake Grove, NY 11755 — (631_724-0341
Saturday March 7th, 1pm: Meet the author! Join in for a reading and book signing from local author, Jen Calonita!
- Barnes and Noble – Country Glen Center, 91 Old Country Road, Carle Place, NY 11514 — (516)741-9850
Sunday March 15th, 2pm: Leprechaun Hunt and Cupcake Decorating Event. You won’t want to miss this! Join in for story time, fun activities, and cupcake decorating!
- Barnes and Noble – Gardiner Manor Mall, 842 Sunrise Highway, Bay Shore, NY 11706 — (631)206-0198
By: Shannon Ofsharick
Photo credit: Pixabay.com