Luckily, from Woodbury to Wantagh, Massapequa to Mount Sinai, Long Island is home to many amazing burger joints!
Here are a few of our favorites, or as we like to call them #LiMamaApproved! And be sure to let us know if yours didn’t make the list… because when it comes to burgers, we believe that there’s always room for more!
- All American Drive-In — 4286 Merrick Road, Massapequa This family owned and operated restaurant is Long Island’s only drive-in hamburger stand! Since 1963, All American Drive-In has provided Long Island with fresh and delicious burgers, fries and ice cream for a low price, packed with lots of flavor!
- American Burger Co. — 80 East Main Street, Smithtown NY A “fast-casual” restaurant which focuses on American nostalgia, American Burger Co. offers burger joint standards with a modern twist.
- Bareburger — 32 Middle Neck Road, Great Neck Bareburger prides itself on using organic meats, fresh vegetables, non-GMO oils, and having many gluten free and vegan options!
- Bobby’s Burger Palace — locations: Smithhaven and Roosevelt Field Malls Owned by Iron Chef, Bobby Flay, Bobby’s Burger Palace is the go-to burger joint for the Smithhaven and Roosevelt Field mall goers; Bobby’s Burger Palace features a new and interesting burger every month.
- Burger Bite — 616 Hempstead Turnpike, West Hempstead Burger Bite’s mission is to recreate the backyard burger, yet better! They offer a new burger to try every month, and you can even order your meal to pick-up via text message.
- BurgerFi – locations: Oceanside, Woodbury, and coming soon to Commack & Uniondale BurgerFi uses all natural, free-range beef, and every location of theirs is “built according to environmentally sustainable best practices, and includes earth-friendly elements, like chairs that are made from recycled Coke bottles, tables made out of compressed recycled wood, and large fans that use 66% less electricity.
- The Burger Spot – 150 7th Street, Garden City The philosophy at Burger Spot is that they only offer y the finest and freshest ingredients and use no preservatives.
- Cheeburger Cheeburger – 228 Airport Plaza Boulevard, Farmingdale A family-oriented fast-food chain serving build-your-own burgers & shakes in a retro 1950s setting.
- L.I Burger – 271 Rte 25A, Mount Sinai Your Hometown Burger where they grill what they believe to be the best burger you will ever have…including homemade secret sauces!
- P.S. Burgers – 198 Second Street, Mineola Simply put, serving fresh and juicy burgers.
- Smashburger — locations: Wantagh, Hicksville, Port Washington, New Hyde Park At Smashburger, they believe that smashing is better. Their handcrafted burgers are smashed, seared and seasoned to order.
- Wayback Burgers – locations: East Northport & East Meadow Wayback Burgers began in 1991 as Jake’s Hamburgers with a single restaurant in Newark, DE. Every month, they feature a brand new “Burger of the Month” and “Shake of the Month.”
- Zinburger — 160 Walt Whitman Road, Huntington Station If you’re heading to the Walt Whitman Shops, don’t forget to catch a meal at Zinburger–where you can get top quality wine and delicious burgers!
By: Olivia Howell
Photo Credit: pixabay, Barburger.com