After all the presents are opened, and the house is a mess, sometimes the last thing we want to do is cook a huge meal; and luckily, Long Island has an assortment of restaurants that are open on Christmas Day, for families of all sizes and ages.
So whether you need something more laid back and casual, or would like to have breakfast for dinner, or perhaps something a little fancier, there are options for anyone who isn’t in the mood to cook… or better yet, to clean up!
- Robke’s Country Inn: Open after 1PM on Christmas Day; 427 Fort Salonga Road, Northport, (631) 754-9663
- Denny’s: Open 24 hours; 371 Old Country Road, Carle Place, (516) 743-9222 — 2716 Hempstead Turnpike Levittown, (516) 796-7900 — Centereach Mall, 255 Centereach Mall, Centereach, (631) 580-3838– North Babylon, 1143 Deer Park Avenue, North Babylon, (631) 392-4601.
- Dix Hills Diner: Open 24 hours; 1800 E Jericho Turnpike, Huntington
- Matteo’s Italian Restaurant: Open from 2PM-7PM on Christmas Day; 88 Mineola Ave., Roslyn (516) 484-0555
- West East Bistro: Open from 1PM-9PM on Christmas Day 758 S. Broadway, Hicksville (516) 939-6618
- Chateau La Mer: Offering a buffet on Christmas Day from 1PM- 5PM; 845 S. Wellwood Ave., Lindenhurst, (631) 225-0400
- Danford’s Hotel and Marina: Offering a Christmas Day buffet with seatings at 1PM, 2PM, 3PM, and 5PM; 25 East Broadway, Port Jefferson, (631) 928-5200
- Madras Woodlands: Offering a buffet dinner; 1627 Hillside Ave., New Hyde Park, (516) 326-8900
Photo credit: Robke’s Country website, Dix Hills Diner website, West End Bistro website