Another summer on Long Island is coming to an end and the fall season is just around the corner. Soon the leaves will be changing colors, there will be a slight chill in the air, and it will be time for warm apple cider and pumpkin fun!
All across Long Island, families are getting ready for fall festivities. Need some ideas on what to do with the little ones? Check out some of these events and festivals that are taking place this fall on Long Island:
- Long Island Family Festival Enjoy music, a carnival, Pet Expo, vendors, and other fun-filled events. Where: Tanner Park, Copiague
- Apple Festival There will be various arts and craft vendors, the Stony Brook farmers market, and fun activities for the kids. Where: Stony Brook Community Church, Stony Brook
- 25th Annual Long Island Apple Festival Old-fashioned games, pony rides, cooking demonstration, and even an apple pie baking contest. Where: Sherwood-Jayne Farm, East Setauket
- Dee’s Fall Festival Held every weekend in October. Pick a pumpkin, let your little one have their face painted, and pet the animals! Where: Oceanside
- White Post Farms An annual Fall Festival which includes sing-a-long hayrides, the petting zoo, playground areas, racing pigs, bounce’n’slides, and much more. Where: White Post Farms, Melville
- Harvest Festival Live music, hayrides, pumpkin picking, fresh produce, and cider. Where: Benners Farm, East Setauket
- Fish Hatchery Festival Activities for the whole family including a petting zoo, a castle bouncer, games, food, a pumpkin patch, and even kid’s fishing. Where: Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium, Cold Spring Harbor
- Pumpkin Fest The annual festival includes pumpkin picking, vendors, games, wagon rides, and more. Where: Suffolk County Farm and Education Center, Yaphank
- Fall Harvest Festival Enjoy ripe apples, craft vendors, food, children’s activities and more. Where: Mill Neck Manor, Mill Neck
- Long Island Fall Festival The annual festival includes activities for children, hundreds of vendors, food, and lots of entertainment. Where: Hecksher Park, Huntington
Be sure to check the event websites for dates, times and admission fees!
AND if you go, be sure to take lots of pictures & share them on our Facebook page!
Article by Janet Brandsema
Photo credit: Mill Neck and White Post Farms