Is your little one really into arts and crafts? Art can be a great way to let children express themselves and to explore their creative side. Whether its painting, drawing, sculpting, or decorating ceramics, Long Island has some great art locations for children of all ages. (Many of these places are also available for birthday parties and offer art classes, so be sure to look up their Fall schedules!)
- Long Island Children’s Museum Located in Garden City, the Long Island Children’s Museum has an area called Kaleido Zone that allows your little artist to explore the art exhibits.
- Made By Me Is a pottery and art studio located in Massapequa, where the little ones can paint pottery.
- Picasso Kidz A place for kids in Greenlawn to explore painting, drawing, printmaking, & sculpture.
- Plaster Funcraft Located in Commack, Plaster Funcraft offers a large selection of plaster pieces for children to choose from and paint.
- Paint A Piece Also located in Commack, Paint a Piece offers paint your own pottery, glass fusing, and candle making.
- A Gathering of Artists Inc. Located in Williston Park, they offer a Mommy & Me program for children ages 2-3, a Pre-K class for children 4-5, and an after school program.
- Art League of Long Island in Dix Hills has programs for children as young as 5 up until their teens.
- Gymboree Play & Music with locations all across the island, has classes for children from 18 months to 5 years old.
- Long Island Academy of Fine Art in Glen Cove, offers a young artist program for children from ages 9-13, as well as a portfolio development program for high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
Have FUN creating & make sure you post pictures of your child’s artwork to our Facebook page!
Find us under the Long Island Mamas Network!
By: Janet Brandsema
Photo Credit: Plaster Funcraft & Made by Me