Long Island boasts multitudes of farmer’s markets, but often families can only access their fresh produce during the warmer months. Don’t despair, there are options for families to visit indoor winter farmer’s markets on Long Island, and we’ve got the scoop.
At G&G’s Long Island Farmers Market, families visiting can not only pick up locally grown produce but also enjoy sampling, socializing and live entertainment. Winter markets are in two locations on Long Island:
Every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at American Legion Hall, 2754 Grand Ave., Baldwin, NY 11510. Market is open from December 7, 2013 through April 26, 2014.
Every Sunday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 155 Lowndes Ave., Huntington Station, NY 11746. Market is open from December 8, 2013 through April 27, 2014.
Current events include:
- Family Health and Wellness Session – The Cornell University Cooperative Extension will be at the market on December 15 and 29 to provide nutrition education.
- Santa Visits the Huntington Winter Farmers Market – See Santa in person on December 22nd. Don’t forget to bring a camera for a photo opportunity.
Make sure to check the website at www.winterfarmersmarketlongisland.com for updated events such as presentations, author meeting and local music.
Vendors include but are not limited to:
- Bambino’s Ravioli
- BeePharm – Apitherapy
- Blind Bat Brewery
- Bobby’s Tomatoes
- Clean Essence
- David’s Delights
- D&J Organic Produce
- Gentle Brew Coffee
- Goodale Farm
- Grandma Frances – Homemade Rice Pudding
- High River Sauces
- Horman’s Best Pickles
- Little Jack’s Sweets
- Little Lexi’s Barkery – Home Baked All Natural Dog Treats
- Love My Dressings
- Monty’s Breads
- Naturally Handmade by Susan
- Nina’s Fresh Baked – Granola and other baked goods
- Orchards of Conklin
- Paul’s Seafood
- Sannino’s Bella Vita Vineyard
- Seedsower Farm
- The 3 Nuts
- The New York Stock Company – Soups and Gravy Stocks
- Two Guy Cakes – Cheesecakes
- Tria Organics
- WPW Growers
Note that not all vendors may attend all market dates, but there will always be plenty available offering a wide variety of products.