With so many restaurants to chose from how do you decide which ones are best for you and your family? Let Long Island Mamas help with our guide to 25 kid friendly restaurants on Long Island. We collected favorites from our readers who love bringing their kids to these eating establishments.
- Applebee’s - With locations all over Long Island, Applebee’s offers kids sized portions of many kid friendly foods. For those nights where you just can’t get out with the kids they also offer curb side pick up.
- Benihana - Located in Manhasset and Westbury, Benihana’s is tons of fun for the kids. They will love watching the chef’s prepare their meals directly in front of them on a huge steel grill. The chefs also entertain by flipping food and spatulas into the air, telling corny jokes and making sounds by drumming on the grill.
- Bertucci’s - At this brick oven restaurant the kids menu includes numerous meal options, unlimited soda refills, juice or milk and a Hoodsie Ice Cream all for only $5.50.
- Bobby Flays Burger Palace - Kid’s love the burgers at Bobby Flays Burger Palace in Lake Grove. Their delicious variety of milkshakes are always sure to please as well!
- Bollinger’s Family Restaurant – Located in Farmingdale, this restaurant and ice cream parlor serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert favorites. They have buttermilk pancakes, salads, sandwiches and more. After your meal be sure to get some homemade ice cream!
- Boulder Creek Steakhouse - Located in Bayshore and Hicksville, this restaurant offers a buy one get one deal on Sunday’s. Get one free kids meal with each adult entree purchased.
- California Pizza Kitchen - With locations in Huntington Station, Lake Grove and Westbury, these restaurants offer traditional and unique flavors of pizza as well as delicious kids meals.
- Chili’s - Chili’s is a super fun place for the family. They offer margaritas for the adults, great food for kids and adults, reasonable prices and a fun atmosphere all rolled into one.
- Dave & Busters - Located in Farmingdale, Islandia and Westbury, this restaurant and arcade is perfect for the kids. Dine and play games in the same place!
- Friendly’s - With locations all over Long Island, Friendly’s is one of the most popular kids friendly restaurants. Friendly’s is known for its kids meals and ice cream.
- Ground Round - Located in Brookhaven, this family oriented restaurant has a great kids menu and a fun atmosphere for the kids.
- Hoshi Hibachi - This hibachi restaurant in Patchogue is sure to please with its entertaining chefs cooking on the table top grill.
- Houlihan’s - This kid friendly restaurant is always a great choice with its many delicious menu items. You can get just about anything here to please even the pickiest eater.
- Hurricanes - Hurricanes offers a kids menu with a great variety. Choose from Grilled American Cheese Sandwich, Crispy Wings, All Natural Boneless Chicken Bites, Mac N’ Cheese, Kid’s Burger, and a Kid’s Cheeseburger. All meals come with a side and a drink.
- IHOP - This famous kids friendly pancake house is always a great choice with its great kids menu for every meal, not just for breakfast!
- Le PLAY Café – This is the best and only family friendly coffee shop. Located in Bellmore, they offer great coffee, healthy snacks, and this bonus: a seating area and a bar that overlooks the kids play space. What’s better than being able to enjoy your meal while the kids are playing? Sounds like a winner to us!
- Miller’s Ale House - Your family will love the food and of course you can’t beat the kids eat free Tuesday deal at this Lake Grove restaurant.
- Moe’s - With locations all over Long Island, this is another great Tuesday night place to eat since kids eat free!
- O’Reilly’s – Located in Oakdale, O’Reilly’s is a family favorite with its traditional American cuisine and great kids menu.
- Outback Steakhouse - Another favorite kid friendly restaurant is Outback Steakhouse. With its many locations, it’s always easy to find the perfect place to have your family dinner. Their take out option is perfect for a busy family on the run.
- Panera Bread - For a simple yet delicious meal, Panera Bread is a perfect kid friendly option. It’s kids menu offers fresh, tasty options and prices are not on the pricey side.
- Savinos Hideaway - Kids always rave about the food and casual atmosphere at Savinos Hideaway in Mount Sinai. Kids also love the cool restaurant name which promises a fun atmosphere!
- Tai Show - With four Long Island locations, Tai Show is a fun kid friendly restaurant choice. The hibachi always makes for an entertaining meal.
- Texas Road House – Head over to Texas Road House in East Meadow on Monday evenings to join in on the kids night fun. Here you will see Andy Armadillo, a balloon artist who does face painting.
- Whole Foods Buffet - For a quick and healthy meal, the buffet at the local Whole Foods is the perfect option. There is always something fresh, healthy and delicious to satisfy the appetite for the entire family.
Did we miss one of your favorite kid friendly restaurants? If so please share it with us by leaving a comment below!
Written by: Tara Arichabala