Are you a full-time mom interested in transitioning into the workforce? Or working part-time, but ready to work full-time? Need help figuring out what to do next and want to learn the best ways to find a job in today’s economy? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then “Back2WorkMom: Navigating the Career Re-entry Waters” can help.
Join career coach Maria Casey and the Port Washington Parent Resource Center, to learn how to:
- Reconnect with interests to discover exciting new career opportunities
- Build a support team to balance the responsibilities of work and home
- Develop a compelling message to new contacts and prospective employers
- Prepare a powerful resume and cover letter that best represents your expertise
- Expand networks to find hidden job opportunities
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout the job search
- Maximize success in the first 90 days of a new job
Session II: Preparing to Dive
Learn the essentials of resumes, building an online profile and more.
Dates: Wednesdays – Nov 7, 14, 21 from 12-1pm
Session III: Taking the Plunge
Learn how to research, network and polish interview techniques
Dates: Dec 5, 12, 19 from 12-1pm
- All sessions will take place in the Parent Resource Center, 232 Main Street, Suite 4, Port Washington, New York.
- $60 a session for members/$75 non-members (Discounts available for multi-sessions)
- Seating limited – make reservations as soon as possible
- Attendees new to the Parent Resource Center can join and receive a $15 discount on membership
- Bring your own lunch
- FREE child care provided by the PRC
For more information, visit www.mariahcasey.com or contact Maria Casey, Back2WorkMom at 516-650-4248 and Mariahcasey@gmail.com. Also contact www.parentresource.org or Lisa Grossman, Parent Resource Center at 516-767-3808 and firstname.lastname@example.org.