It’s August, which means it’s also National Peach Month! Peaches will be ripe and ready to pick at farms all over Long Island. Yes, that’s right, Long Island. No need to go south to go peach picking! Using freshly picked peaches found right here on Long Island, try making our quick and easy August Recipe of the Month, Grilled Peaches with Blackberry Basil Butter, for a scrumptious dish families will love!
Where: Route 58, Riverhead, NY
Contact info: 631-727-2559
Where: 1527 E. Jericho Tpke, Huntington, NY
Contact info: 631-423-4794
You Pick Farms
Contact info: 631-929-1115
Where: 812 Sound Avenue, Wading River, NY
Contact info: 631-929-4327
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- Stir together softened butter, blackberry preserves, and chopped fresh basil until blended.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve with warm grilled peaches, or spread inside hot biscuits filled with thinly sliced pork tenderloin.
By Tara Arichabala