The Mamas Network proudly presents The 2012 Mama’s Expo, the ultimate event bringing the best parenting resources, experts, and shopping experiences under one roof. The Mama’s Expo welcomes all parents, expectant moms, and children ages 0-5. Families from all around the New York City area can get the inside scoop on the best local services, specialists, products, classes and schools as well as new and innovative resources now available.
When: Saturday, May 5th 10 am – 5 pm
Where: New York Hall of Science 47-01 111th Street, Queens, NY 11368
Parents can enjoy these Expo benefits:
- A bag to fill with products and discounts throughout the Expo (first 400 people in the door)
- Designated play areas and free sample classes throughout the day to keep kids busy
- Parenting workshop by Ask Dr. G’s Dr. Deborah Gilboa and Mom 2 Moms Advisor Chinthania Perera-Lunemann on child behavior, childcare options, and more
- Shopping and discounts from the hottest retail companies
- The opportunity to speak one-on-one to representatives from top vendors and local businesses such as Britax, Happy Baby, Music Together, Sweetpea 3, Birth Day Presence, and Click & Improve, and more!
- On-site marionette performances by City Parks Foundation’s famed PuppetMobile who will be performing Bessie’s Big Shot, a charming story about a cow who dreams of joining the circus
- All day access to New York Hall of Science’s 450 exhibits, demonstrations, and play areas
- And much more…
VIP Tickets (Online Advanced Purchase Only)
A limited number of VIP Tickets are available. VIP Tickets offers special benefits and provides more value versus the regular tickets. Benefits include:
- Exclusive Gift Bag Worth Over $200 – Includes a children’s MP3 player, play mat, toy samples, and other special gifts!
- Includes all components of the regular Advance Access tickets – access to the Mama’s Expo and events, all-day admission to New York Hall of Science, access to New York’s largest Science Playground, and a voucher for 1 round of Rocket Park Mini-Golf.
Mama’s Expo Advance Access Ticket
Advance Access tickets are for general admission and include the following:
- Admission to the Mama’s Expo
- All-day admission to New York Hall of Science
- Access to the Science Playground
- 1 any-time voucher 1 round of Rocket Park Mini-Golf (expires June 5, 2012)
How Much (Online Advanced Purchase Price):
$17 Adult (18+)
$13 Child (2-17), Student (w/ID), Senior (62+), Under 2 Free
To purchase advance tickets (by May 4, 2012), please visit www.queensmamas.com/expo or www.nysci.org/mamasexpo
How Much (At the Door):
$19 for all Adults
$15 for Children
Expo Membership Offer:
NYSCI Family Premium Membership can be purchased and entitle participants to free entry into the expo as well as a year of free unlimited admission to NYSCI for 2 adults and up to 6 children. Also includes free parking, discounts in the Science Shop and educational programs, plus reciprocal admission to over 300 science centers and 200 children’s museums.
How Much: $100
About The Mamas Network
The Mamas Network is an online guide to NYC’s outer boroughs and Long Island published by parents for parents. It was founded by Leni Calas, a mother of two who decided to create the site as a gateway for families and visitors of NYC to supply information relating to growing happy and healthy families in the boroughs and Long Island.
About the New York Hall of Science
The New York Hall of Science (NYSCI) presents 450 exhibits, demonstrations, and design spaces that explain science, technology, engineering, and math. A visit to NYSCI is a hands-on, energetic educational experience where visitors can indulge their curiosity and nurture creativity. NYSCI offers professional development for teachers, produces curricula and resources for classrooms, and studies how technology, gaming, and play affect how people learn. NYSCI was founded at the 1964-65 World’s Fair and has evolved into New York’s center for interactive science serving a half million students, teachers, and families each year. From September through June, NYSCI is open 9:30 am–2 pm Tuesday–Thursday, 9:30 am–5 pm on Friday, and 10 am–6 pm on weekends. Admission is $11 for adults and $8 for children (ages 2-17), college students with valid ID, and seniors (62+).
Direction and More Information
For directions, and other information, visit www.nysci.org or call 718-699-0005. For more information about The Mamas Expo or for press attendance, please contact: email@example.com