Boo at the Zoo will be held at The Queens Zoo in Flushing on Saturday and Sunday, October 29 – 30 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and there will be a Halloween party on October 31 from 3 to 4 p.m. Boo at the Zoo festivities include:
- Haunted Habitat – Pop over to the Haunted Habitat located in the zoo’s Wild Room for a frighteningly fun good time. (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Spooky Animal Presentations – The zoo’s farm is the place to check out live animal presentations with snakes and other creepy creatures (1:30 and 3 p.m.
- Pick a Perfect Pumpkin – The early bird gets the pumpkin. The first 200 zoo-goers each day will pick and decorate their own Halloween pumpkin on the farm.
- Face Painting – Be a lion, puma, or bear for Halloween this year. Zoo-goers can get in the spirit of the holiday with colorful face painting. (Noon to 3 p.m.)
- Pumpkin Enrichment – Pumas and bears will get terrifyingly tasty treat-filled pumpkins. (Pumas at 1 p.m. and Andean bears at 2:30 p.m., both days.)
- Trick or Treating – What is Halloween without trick-or-treating? Treat stations, stocked with all kinds of goodies, will be located around the zoo.
Children 12 and under in costume (accompanied by an adult) will receive free admission.
The zoo will hold a Halloween party for kids and families on Monday, October 31 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. The party will include trick-or-treating around the zoo, crafts, storytelling, animal encounters, and warm apple cider for visitors.
Fee: $10 adults/$3 children. Pre-registration for the party is required by emailing email@example.com or calling 718-271-7361.
If you’d like to make donation – please go to WCS.org.