Are you ready to celebrate America’s birthday? We’ve lined up this summer’s many ways to celebrate Independence Day, the Long Island Way.
Events are in alphabetical order, please keep note of the dates and times
Amagansett Fine Arts Festival American Legion Post 419, 15 Montauk Hwy., 610-486-6393.
- Saturday, July 2, (1-5 PM)/Sunday, July 3, (2-6 PM). Live music on outdoor decks.
Bay Shore, “Go 4th on the Bay”, All Great South Bay waterfronts from Smith Point to Bay Shore
Brookhaven Amphitheater Arts & Cultural Center at Bald Hill, 1 Bicycle Path, Farmingdale, 631-451-8696.
- Monday, July 4, Long Island Philharmonic to accompany Grucci Fireworks Show, Rain or shine. Concert Starts at 7:30 pm, Parking Lot Gates Open at 4:30 pm, Amphitheater Doors Open at 5:30 pm. Fireworks Start at 9:30 pm. Permanent Seating Available, First Come First Served. Lawn Seating Available, Bring a Chair/ Blanket
Elmont, “Family Day“, Belmont Racetrack, 2150 Hempstead Tpke, Elmont, 718-641-4700.
- Sunday, July 3. Fun filled day filled with family activities
Montauk, “Stars Over Montauk”, Umbrella Beach, Old Montauk Hwy (just West of town), Montauk
- Monday, July 4. Bring Seating. Time not posted yet, Call 631-668-2428
North Patchogue, Grucci Fireworks Show/Dreamland Fair, Chuck E. Cheese parking lot, 112 North Service Road, Patchogue, 631 654-9374/1-866-666-FAIR
- Thursday, June 29-Monday, July 4 weekdays 5-11PM, weekends, 12 noon -9 PM. Fireworks by Grucci July 1 & July 3
Rides, Games, Food! Free Admission! Free parking!
Oakdale, “Firecracker 5 K Race/Walk“, Dowling College, Curtin Center, 150 Idle Hour Boulevard, Oakdale.
- Saturday, July 2. Online pre-registration. Registration at 7:30 a.m. Race starts at 9 AM
Old Bethpage Village Restoration, “Old Fashioned Independence Day Celebration”, Old Bethpage Village Restoration, Round Swamp Road, Old Bethpage, 516-572-8400.
- Monday, July 4. Relive the 1861 celebration of a Long Island July Fourth through a celebratory Pic Nic (bring your own picnic lunch) Patriotic parade/ceremony, period music, musket firings, children’s games, band concerts. Cost: $10 general. $ 7 Senior (over 60) and children 5-12. 10-5 PM.
Port Jefferson, “Independence Day Parade”, Main St., Port Jefferson
- Monday, July 4. 10-12 PM. (no fireworks)
Riverhead, “4th of July Celebration”, Ammann Riverfrnt Park, Peconic Ave., Riverhead, 631-727-0048.
- Sunday, July 3. Face painting, jugglers, Rock &Roll Review, Brady Reymer & The Little Band That Could, Fireworks show. 5PM.
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site, “Independence Day” , Sagamore HIll Road, Cove Neck, 516-922-4788.
- Monday, July 4. Rough Rider Calvary Troop of the Nassau-Suffok Horsemen’s Association to demonstrate riding techiniques used by mounted soldiers of the Spanish-American War. Authentic costumes, re-enactments, AM house tour, formal program. Self-guided tours and festival, free admission. 11-4 PM.
Sag Harbor, Show visible from Marine Park, Haven’s Beach, The Long Wharf, (restaurants on the waterfront)
- Saturday, July 2. 9:30 PM. Fireworks dsiplay from off shore barge.
Sayville, Outdoor Live Music, Gillette Park, The Common Ground, Gillette Ave., Sayville, 631-244-5420
- Friday, July 1. Dr. K’s Motown Revue-The ultimate Motown tribute band. Free. Bring seating. 7 PM. (rain moves concert to Sayville MS).
Uniondale, Concert/Grucci Firworks, Eisenhower Park, Harry Chapin Lakeside Theater, Hempstead Tpke., Uniondale.
- Saturday, July 2. Fireworks by Grucci and live music. Free (must pick up tickets in advance at TD bank locations), Bring seating. 7 PM.
Westhampton Beach,” Second Annual Concert for Steve and John”, Great Lawn, end of Main Street, Westhampton Beach.
- Sunday, July 3. 7 PM . Raindate, Monday, July 4. Live music including, “troubadour” & “The Subculture” Admission is FREE, but donations gladly accepted. Chinese Auction. All proceeds to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.